All Borinquen classes teach students about the Latin culture and fusion of African, Taino-Arawak, and Spanish influences on Caribbean folkloric and Modern Latin dance.Students are expected to wear proper dance attire (leotard, tights and bare feet)
Ages 13-21: Senior
- Become a member of Borinquen’s senior performing group -- following a successful audition.
- Senior dance members perform at a wide range of events in and outside the Rochester area and rehearse three times a week year-round on Mondays, Wednesdays , & Thursdays from 7 to 9 p.m.
- Upon being accepted into the senior dance group, tuition is waived and members must adhere to performing and academic criteria.
- Choreograph a 2 to 3 minute original dance
- Bring music on CD or iPod
- Bring a short bio/information on dance experience or interest or related experience (i.e. gymnastics/drama)